Skip to content
- For The Kids
- Fire Safety
- Harris County Fire Marshal– The mission of the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office is to safeguard the lives and property of the public in Harris County through effective fire prevention, fire investigation, education, emergency response, and emergency management.
- National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA)– The NFPA is a global nonprofit organization, established in 1896, devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards.
- National Fire Safety Council (NFSC)– The NFSC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt not-for-profit organization, is the largest distributor of comprehensive fire & burn prevention and life safety materials in the United States.
- Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office– The Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office will reduce the loss of life and property through prevention, education, and protection.
- United States Fire Administration– The mission of the U.S. Fire Administration is to provide national leadership to foster a solid foundation for our fire and emergency services stakeholders in prevention, preparedness and response.
- Health Links
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)– The CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.
- Texas Poison Center Network (TPCN)– The TPCN provides information to citizens who suspect they have been exposed to toxic substances, or may have had adverse reactions to food, plants, or insect stings.
- Weather Links
- National Hurricane Center (NHC)– The NHC mission is to save lives, mitigate property loss, and improve economic efficiency by issuing the best watches, warnings, forecasts, and analyses of hazardous tropical weather and by increasing understanding of these hazards. The NHC vision is to be America’s calm, clear, and trusted voice in the eye of the storm and, with its partners, enable communities to be safe from tropical weather threats.
- National Weather Service (NWS)– The NWS’s Mission is to provide weather, water, and climate data, forecasts and warnings for the protection of life and property and enhancement of the national economy.
- Other Useful Links